Sunday, October 20, 2013

Room 7223 at Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter Resort

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the moderate level resort Disney's Port Orleans French Quarter Resort during between the last week of September 2013 and the first week of October 2013.  Prior to leaving home, I did online check-in at Disney's new My Disney Experience website.  The website is still a work-in-progress because it glitched when it processed my check-in.  I was not sure if I got checked in or not.  As soon as I arrived via Disney's Magical Express bus, I went directly to the online check-in desk to ask the cast member if my online check-in was processed.  She looked in the reservation system and saw that my check-in was processed. Within two minutes, I got my information packet and key to the world card and a map of the resort showing me where my room was located at the resort.  The cast member assigned me room 7223, which is on the second floor of Building 7.  On the map, the x represents the lobby of Port Orleans French Quarter.  The circle represents the Building 7, where room 7223 is located.

Map of both Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter

Before I left the check-in desk, I asked the cast member if my room had a refrigerator.  I asked this because Disney was in the middle of replacing all of the refrigerators to fix a glitch.  The cast member was not sure if the room had one or not.  She told me that if it did not, to call the front desk to deliver one.  I left the desk and used my map to navigate me to my room.  From the lobby I headed out the rear doors, then turned left at the entrance to the pool.

It was not a long walk from the lobby to the room.  Port Orleans French Quarter is small and getting to anywhere on the resort requires a short walk.  Once I got close to Building 7, I took a picture of the building and the location of room 7223.  The room is a corner room on the second floor.

Building 7 on Port Orleans French Quarter.  Room 7223 is the corner room located on the second floor.

Building 7 on Port Orleans French Quarter.  Room 7223 is the corner room located on the second floor.
To get to the second floor of Building 7, you have the option of taking the stairs or taking the elevator.  Once I made it to the second floor and made it to the front door of room 7223, I took pictures of the view from outside my door.

View of the courtyard outside of Room 7223

The walkway in front of Room 7223
The door number for Room 7223 located to the left of the door
As soon as I opened the door, I saw that this room was quite spacious.  It's bigger than a value level room.  My room had two queen beds, a flat panel LCD tv, a fridge, a table, coffee maker, coat hooks, two sinks, an iron with ironing board, mini wall safe, clothes rack with hangers, and a separate area containing the toilet and a tub with shower.  It was very clean and came with plenty of towels and H20 bath products, which I collected everyday as my souvenir!  My room was very cold when I arrived, so I had to turn it up. The beds were comfy.  The pillows seemed too small for me.  I wish they used standard size pillows.  Mousekeeping was nice enough to make me a towel creation of mickey on one of my beds.  I made a video showing the room.


Overall, this was a great room at a great location.  It was quiet at night.  I was close enough to the parking lot if I ever had car.  I could easily get to the pool, the food court, the lobby, the boats to Downtown Disney and Port Orleans Riverside, and to the bus transportation to the parks.  I would not hesitate staying here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment