Sunday, October 27, 2013

Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf and the Oven Roasted Salmon from Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace section of Downtown Disney

I was looking at the posts in the Disney Foodies Facebook Group and saw an entree from Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace section of Downtown Disney that got great reviews. It was of the Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf.  From the pictures that were posted, I was intrigued by the meatloaf that was wrapped with bacon strips.  Meatloaf is one of my favorite food to eat.  On my latest trip during the first week of October 2013, I made it a mission to go to Wolfgang Puck Express and get this entree to go to eat back at my room at Port Orleans French Quarter.  It is cool that Wolfgang Puck Express gives you the option to order your food to go.  As soon as I got French Quarter, I took a picture at the meatloaf.

Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf from Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace Section of Downtown Disney

The meatloaf is wrapped with bacon on the side of it.  The meatloaf is placed on mashed potatoes and topped with onion rings.  The meatloaf was moist and easy to cut.  It was tasty and well seasoned.  The bacon really complemented the meatloaf.  The mashed potatoes were made right.  It was whipped well and had a good flavor to it.  The mashed potatoes were a good pairing for the meatloaf.  The onion rings were fried just right and not oily.  The seasoning for the onion rings was very tasty.  The onion rings matched up really well with meatloaf.  You can possibly split this dish with someone else because it is so filling.  This was a winner to me and something that I would order again.

When I ordered the meatloaf, I decided to place another order for the Oven Roasted Salmon because I really wanted to eat fish.  I also got this to go.  When got back to my room, I took a picture of the salmon.

Oven Roasted Salmon from Wolfgang Puck Express in the Marketplace Section of Downtown Disney
The salmon is sitting on a bed of arugula and roasted potatoes.  It comes with horseradish sauces.  The salmon was not overcooked.  It was lightly seasoned and tasted fresh. The arugula salad was very tasty.  The roasted potatoes were lightly seasoned and easy to chew.  The horseradish sauce was not overpowering, and blended well with the salmon and the salad.  Overall, this dish was also something that I would order again.

No comments:

Post a Comment