Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Croque Glace from L'Artisan des Glaces

When I was on my last trip to WDW during the first week of October 2013, I got asked by the Disney Foodies Facebook Group to try the Croque Glace from L'Artisan des Glaces in the France pavilion of the World Showcase in Epcot.  Luckily, when I got this request, I was on bus from Port Orleans French Quarter to Epcot.  L'Artisan des Glaces was the location of the old french bakery quick service that moved to an area near the exit of the movie theater.  I really like this new quick service place.  It serves ice cream.  One thing that they featured was the Croque Glace, which is ice cream with either chocolate or caramel sauce in a panini-pressed brioche roll.  I ordered it with pistachio ice cream with chocolate sauce.  I was wondering if the ice cream would remain frozen after being pressed in a sandwich iron.  As soon as I got the Croque Glace, I set it on a table, cut it in half and took a picture.

Croque Glace from L'Artisan des Glaces
I was surprised that the ice cream did not melt after being pressed into the brioche roll. I took a bite.  The taste was amazing!  The pistachio ice cream was cold and not too sweet.  The chocolate sauce blended well with the roll and the ice cream.  The roll was warm and tasty, and matched well with the pistachio ice cream.  Overall, I really liked this dessert and would definitely order it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment