Saturday, October 19, 2013

Breakfast at Pizzafari in Animal Kingdom

I normally eat my breakfast at the Disney resort that I'm staying, whether that is the breakfast at the food courts in the value or moderate resorts or some leftovers from dinner the night before.  I was at Port Orleans French Quarter during the first week of Oct 2013.  I wanted to change routine and head to Animal Kingdom to try breakfast at Pizzafari.  When I got to Pizzafari, it was nearly empty.  The cast members were nice and helped explain the items that were being served for breakfast.  I saw what I wanted, the Spinach and Goat Cheese Frittata with Potatoes and Salsa.  As soon as I got the dish, I took a picture.
Spinach and Goat Cheese Frittata with Potatoes and Salsa at Pizzafari in Animal Kingdom
The frittata was very dense and looked like it was made with real eggs instead of the powdered stuff typically served.  The potatoes looked well cooked and well seasoned.  The frittata was easy to cut into.  As soon as I took my first bite, I said "wow".  This frittata tasted so good.  The goat cheese was really prominent in the taste without being overpowering.  The spinach complimented the egg and goat cheese.  The salsa was fresh and blended well with the frittata and the potatoes.  The potatoes were not overcooked, and had just the right about of seasoning.  This is one dish I wish was offered at the resort food courts because it's so good.  If you are ever at Animal Kingdom during the morning hours and have not had anything to eat, give this one a try and you will not be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment