Saturday, October 19, 2013

Presidential Swirl from Sleepy Hollow at Magic Kingdom

Sleepy Hollow is a small food stand in the Magic Kingdom that serves waffle sandwiches, hand scoop and soft serve ice cream treats, and other desserts.  Daily, they have special desserts that are only served on that day.  When I went to Sleepy Hollow on a weekday during the first week of October 2013, the special for the day was the Presidential Swirl.  Imagine a red and blue Slurpee or Icee topped with a vanilla Soft Serve Ice Cream.  That is what the Presidential Swirl is.  I like Slurpees and I like vanilla Soft Serve Ice Cream.  I never had them together in one dessert.  I had to try this and see if this was as good as it looked.  As soon as I got it, I took a picture of it.

Presidential Swirl from Sleepy Hollow at Magic Kingdom

I got a straw and a spoon because I wanted to experience both drinking it and eating it.  I wanted to first experience drinking it.  I put the straw through it and took a sip.  I first tasted the icee, then quickly tasted the vanilla soft serve ice cream mixed into it.  I enjoyed the mix from a drinking perspective.  I then proceeded to putting a spoon through it to see how it was eating it.  I made sure that my first scoop had both the icee and the ice scream.  My first bite was great.  I like eating both the icee and the ice cream at the same time.  I did not find it wierd to eat both the icee and the ice cream at the same time.  The ice cream by itself tastes good!  I will probably order this again if it is offered by Sleepy Hollow.

No comments:

Post a Comment