Sunday, October 27, 2013

LeFou's Brew at Gaston's Tavern in New Fantasyland at the Magic Kingdom

I heard that Disney was trying to make something that counters Universal Orlando's widely popular drink Butterbeer.  I had to go to the Magic Kingdom in the New Fantasyland to get to Gaston's Tavern, the place that serves LeFou's Brew.  Unlike Butterbeer, this drink is only served cold.  You can buy the drink only, or you can buy it served in a plastic beer stein.  I went with the cheaper option and just got mine in the standard clear plastic cup.  I took a picture of it outside at the fountain.

LeFou's Brew at Gaston's Tavern
LeFou's Brew is a apple juice tasting slushy with a marshmellow topping that resembles beer foam which has a hint of mango flavor.  The drink is not too sweet and very fruity tasting.  Compared to Butterbeer, this one was more refreshing and not candy tasting.  I liked the fact that the marshmellow foam blended well with the frozen apple juice.  I would definitely get this drink again, especially on a hot day.

No comments:

Post a Comment