Sunday, October 20, 2013

Caprese Flatbread Pizza and Mediterranean Salad from Pinocchio Village Haus at Magic Kingdom

It's been some time since I last eaten a meal at Pinocchio Village Haus at the Magic Kingdom.  Back then, the place served a snack item that was a cult favorite to us Disney fans, Figaro Fries.  That item is now extinct, along with other items served there.  Disney totally revamped the menu.  I visited the Pinocchio Village Haus on two occasions during the first week of October 2013 to try out the new items.

Mediterranean Salad from Pinocchio Village Haus

The first thing that I tried was the Mediterranean Salad.  It consists of field greens, mozzarella, chicken, tomatoes, olives, onions.  You can choose your own dressing (caesar or ranch) by selecting it where the condiments are.  I found a table near the windows overlooking It's a Small World.  As soon as I sat down, I took a picture.

This is by far one of the best salads served in a quick service restaurant.  They used real mozzarella that is sliced from the mozzarella balls.  The vegetables blended well with the Caesar dressing that I selected.  The salad tasted fresh, and it was a healthy alternative from the burgers and fries that are prevalent around WDW.

The second thing that I tried was the Caprese Flatbread Pizza.  For some reason on the day that I ordered, it took a really long time to cook. After about 15 minutes, it came out.  I found a table and took a quick picture of it.

Caprese Flatbread Pizza from Pinocchio Village Haus
The presentation of the pizza looks really superb.  It consists of buffalo mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, basil sprinkled with balsamic vinegar all over a thin flatbread.  The pizza is the size of an iPad.  It tasted good, with the cheese and vegetables blending well together.  For WDW pizza, this was not bad.  I've tasted better pizza back home.

Overall, I liked the items that I got at Pinocchio Village Haus.  It was a great alternative from the fried foods. I still miss the Figaro Fries.  Hopefully, Disney will bring it back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment