Saturday, April 26, 2014

Learn How To Draw Dopey at the Animation Academy at Disney's Hollywood Studios

During the first week in March 2014, my Mom and I had a vacation at Walt Disney World and decided to visit Disney's Hollywood Studios to do the drawing class at the Animation Academy.  On my last solo trip to Disney World, I took a drawing class at the Animation Academy and blogged about my experience (see my blog post Animation Academy at Disney Hollywood Studios).  During that trip, I learned how to draw Pluto.  The class was easy enough to follow that you can learn to draw your favorite Disney character in 20 minutes.  I wanted to share this fun learning experience with my Mom.

In this visit to the Animation Academy, we learned to draw Dopey from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs.  The class was not full on the day that we visited.  Once the doors to the classroom opened, my Mom and I selected the last row of animation light-table desks, and sat at the end of the row near the exit doors.  This was the perfect spot to watch the instructor draw the character on the projector.   Here is the video of the entire class:


This animation class is included with your park admission and you can attend as many classes throughout the day as long as there is space available in the classroom.  I encourage everyone that likes animation to drop by and attend at least one course.  This will give you a great learning experience, and a free souvenir to take back with you!

Here is my drawing of Dopey after the end of the course.  Do you like it?



No comments:

Post a Comment