Sunday, November 3, 2013

Night of Joy 2012

I was not a fan of Christian Rock music.  It was not because I disliked the music.  I was never exposed to the music or the artists while I grew up. While on the Disney World website back in 2012, I saw an event called the Night of Joy held at the Magic Kingdom which featured Christian Rock performers.  I decided to attend the event on September 7, 2012 to experience the music and to see why fans flock to the musicians.

The day of the event was met with a rain storm.  The rain delayed the start of the performers and threatened to cancel some of the acts.  Luckily, I had my poncho to protect me from the rain.  The rain did not stop the performers.

I really enjoyed the group Disciple.  They played at the Rockettower Plaza Stage at Tomorrowland.  Even though they played on a smaller stage, they had a fan base equivalent to the acts on the main stage.  Their heavy metal style really resonated well with the teenagers.  I really liked the songs that I made videos on.





I was also able to catch NEEDTOBREATHE at the Cinderella Castle Forecourt Stage in front of Cinderella Castle.  This was the main stage at the event, drawing the largest crowd.  Their music was not as heavy metal like Disciple.  I did not get the greatest view of the band since it was so crowded.  I took the following videos of NEEDTOBREATHE.





There were a ton of pre-teens and teenagers that came to the Night of Joy.  A lot of them were unruly and wild, which was more than the norm during a regular day at the Magic Kingdom.   I found this really surprising because all the kids had chaperons with them.  Most of the chaperons did nothing and let the kids be undisciplined.  I did not enjoy dealing with their lack of discipline.  I ended up leaving the event early because I did not want to deal with their behavior.  I liked the music, but I did not like the teens being able to roam wild within the Magic Kingdom.  Once was enough for me and I will not attend another Night of Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment